Want a free, flexible program that connects you to employers and opportunities?
NPower Canada launches youth into meaningful careers by providing free technical and professional training, paid internships, job placement and post hire support. NPower Canada currently offers three different training streams in four locations in downtown Toronto, York Region and Peel Region.
To be eligible young adults must
- Be between 18 to 29 years of age
- Have completed high school, or GED
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be motivated to work
- Be legally able to work in Canada; have a work permit
- Have strong english language proficiency (e.g. CLB Level 7/8)
- Experience barriers to pursuing post-secondary education and securing sustainable employment
Training focuses on basic tech competencies needed for entry level IT employment
Training focuses on the fundamentals and key components of software development and software testing. Please note: There is no confirmed start date for the next Software Development & Testing Stream. In the meantime, interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application to our Core IT - Service Analyst Stream which leads to comparable roles within the IT field.
Do it. Plain and simple. The program changed my life for the better. I didn't love it everyday, but I woke up and got there and took what I could out of every moment I spent in class or with colleagues.
Ryan W., Core IT Graduate, QA Analyst (Co-op), RBC
Ready? Apply Now