Want a free, flexible program that connects you to employers and opportunities?
NPower Canada launches youth into meaningful careers by providing free technical and professional training, paid internships, job placement and post hire support. NPower Canada currently offers two different training streams in three locations across the GTA (downtown Toronto, York Region and Peel Region) and in Calgary, Alberta.
To be eligible young adults must
- Be between 18 to 29 years of age
- Have completed high school, or GED
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be motivated to work
- Be legally able to work in Canada; have a work permit
- Have strong English language proficiency (e.g. CLB Level 7/8)
- Experience barriers to pursuing post-secondary education and securing sustainable employment
Training focuses on basic tech competencies needed for entry level IT employment
Five years ago, I was homeless, living in a youth shelter and wandering the city streets. Remember the huge ice storm that hit Toronto in December of 2013? Well, I was homeless during that time. The stigma that homelessness carried, where people avoided you like the plague, or treated you like a criminal was, at times, crushing. I knew that I wanted more for myself, that I had potential and I made a commitment to start working towards changing my life. I spent the next two years or so bouncing (more…)
Joshua M., NPower Canada Junior IT Analyst Graduate 2017, Service Desk Analyst, Compugen
Ready? Apply Now