CompTIA A+ program
The CompTIA A+ Program provides NPower Canada alumni with continued upskilling to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Consultant
- IT Support Technician
- IT Support Administrator
- ServiceNow System Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Tier 1 Help Desk/Desktop Support
What you'll learn:
- The CompTIA A+ certification equips participants with the following in-demand skills:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements
- Install, configure, and maintain PCs, mobile devices, and software for end-users
- Understand the basics of networking and security forensics
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve, and document common hardware and software issues
- Apply troubleshooting skills
- Provide appropriate customer support
- Understand the basics of scripting, virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers
- Our upcoming cohort will run from Tuesday, September 6, 2022 to Sunday, October 9, 2022.
- Classes will run for five weeks, which includes Orientation Week (Tuesday, September 6, 2022 to Friday, September 9, 2022) with a weekly commitment of 20 hours.
- Participants must be available Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm EST/8:00 am to 12:00 pm PST/9:00 am to 1:00 pm MST/12:00 pm to 4:00 pm AST to participate.
- Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online through a combination of instructor-led workshops, group projects and independent study. Candidates participate in in an active-learning environment, contributing in labs, study groups, quizzes and career coaching.
- NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- You must be a graduate of NPower Canada’s Junior IT Analyst or Junior Security & Quality Assurance program.
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Nova Scotia or Ontario.
- You have a strong motivation to work and learn.
- Fill in and submit the application form. Applications opening soon.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted and accepted to Orientation which will run from Tuesday, September 6, 2022 to Friday, September 9, 2022.
- To be considered for full admissions, applicants must attend and complete orientation during the week of September 6, 2022.
- Once orientation has been successfully completed, applicants will be informed of a final admission decision
- Please note: the Admissions process for alumni programs is separate and different from our youth programs.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+ Trans+ and gender diverse people, youth with disabilities and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).
Alumni Education Program Application:
- Applications for our September 2022 cohort are opening soon.