Google IT Automation with Python
The Google IT Automation with Python Program provides NPower Canada alumni with continued upskilling and is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills -including Python, Git, and IT automation- that can help you advance your career.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Advanced IT Support Specialist
- Junior Systems Administrator
- Automation Tester
- QA Python Automation Analyst
- Junior Python Automation Test Engineer
- Technology Analyst for Python Automation
- Advanced IT Support Specialist
- Automation Tester – IT Specialist
- Junior Developer
- QA Specialist
- Python Automation Developer
- QA Automation Tester
- Automation Engineer
What you'll learn:
The Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate is designed to teach you to:
- Understand what Python is and why it’s relevant to IT (different career pathways).
- Write scripts in Python.
- Understand the role of Automation in IT.
- Manage files and processes with Python.
- Setup your own developer environment in Python.
- Understand why version control is a fundamental tool for coding and collaboration.
- Employ Git for version control.
- Use and interact with GitHub.
- Implement debugging techniques.
- Manage scarce resources in your IT systems.
- Manage virtual machines and resources in the cloud.
- Use Python libraries to automate different processes.
- Analyze real-world IT problems and implement the appropriate strategies to solve those problems.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Our upcoming cohort will run from Monday, September 12, 2022, and will run for 15 weeks, including Orientation Week (Monday, September 12, 2022, to Friday, September 19, 2022).
- This requires a weekly commitment of 20 hours.
- The program runs on a completely self-directed model, however, you will be required to attend bi-weekly check-ins mandatorily.
- Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online through a combination of instructor-led check-ins, online discussion groups, and independent studies. Candidates participate in an active-learning environment, contributing to labs, quizzes, and career coaching.
- NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups, and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- You must be a graduate of NPower Canada’s Junior Data Analyst program.
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Nova Scotia, or Ontario.
- You have a strong motivation to work and learn.
- Fill in and submit the application form below.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted and accepted to Orientation which will run from Tuesday, September 12, 2022, to Friday, September 16, 2022.
- To be considered for full admissions, applicants must attend and complete orientation tasks during the week of September 12, 2022.
- Once orientation has been successfully completed, applicants will be informed of a final admission decision.
- Please note: the Admissions process for alumni programs is separate and different from our core programs.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+ Trans+ and gender diverse people, people with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).