Google IT Automation with Python
The Google IT Automation with Python Program provides NPower Canada alumni with continued upskilling and is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills -including Python, Git, and IT automation- that can help you advance your career.
Please note: The Google IT Automation with Python Program is an advanced-level program with limited seats available. Specific skillsets and expertise are required to be considered for acceptance.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Advanced IT Support Specialist
- Junior Systems Administrator
- Automation Tester
- QA Python Automation Analyst
- Junior Python Automation Test Engineer
- Technology Analyst for Python Automation
- Advanced IT Support Specialist
- Automation Tester – IT Specialist
- Junior Developer
- QA Specialist
- Python Automation Developer
- QA Automation Tester
- Automation Engineer
What you'll learn:
The Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate is designed to teach you to:
- Understand what Python is and why it’s relevant to IT (different career pathways).
- Write scripts in Python.
- Understand the role of Automation in IT.
- Manage files and processes with Python.
- Setup your own developer environment in Python.
- Understand why version control is a fundamental tool for coding and collaboration.
- Employ Git for version control.
- Use and interact with GitHub.
- Implement debugging techniques.
- Manage scarce resources in your IT systems.
- Manage virtual machines and resources in the cloud.
- Use Python libraries to automate different processes.
- Analyze real-world IT problems and implement the appropriate strategies to solve those problems.
- You must be a graduate of NPower Canada’s Junior Data Analyst program.
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Nova Scotia, or Ontario.
- You have a strong motivation to work and learn.
- Your performance in areas such as punctuality/attendance, communication, grit, perseverance, problem-solving, assignment submissions, and grades will be taken into account when determining suitability for this program.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online through a combination of instructor-led check-ins, online discussion groups, and independent studies. Candidates participate in an active-learning environment, contributing to labs, quizzes, and career coaching.
- NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups, and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- Alumni program applications are currently closed. We are in the process of revitalizing our alumni programming to ensure that we are aligned with industry needs. If you are an NPower Canada alum and want to be among the first to know when our alumni programming becomes available in 2023, please sign up for our email updates.
- Please note: the Admissions process for alumni programs is separate and different from our core programs.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+ Trans+ and gender diverse people, people with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).