NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
NPower Canada offers free (no cost) tech-training employment programs and IT certifications in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, and Nova Scotia for Canadian job-seekers.
The next sessions of our free 3-month programs will take place from February 27 – June 2, 2023 for our Junior IT Analyst Program, and from May 1 – August 11, 2023 for our Junior Data Analyst Program.
Please visit our application page to find out when the next available program is in your province.
Successful graduates from each program benefit from personal and professional development, job placement services, post-hire coaching and support, and access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
NPower Canada will never ask applicants or participants for any form of payment. Our programs are free. Should you receive any communication with a request for payment, do not respond and immediately notify us.
How it works
Select your program of interest and review eligibility
Not sure what program is right for you? Want to learn more about our programs? Attend a free Tech Wednesday Info Session to learn more.
- Join our next Tech Wednesday – Register here for free!
*Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online. NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups, and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- Fill out our application form.
- Eligible applicants will be asked to complete a mandatory online program assessment form.
- Eligible applicants will complete a one-on-one interview to determine if they are a good fit for the program.
- Eligible Ontario and Alberta applicants will be entered into a lottery to determine their spot in the program.*
Once admitted, get ready to learn and earn certifications that will help launch your tech career!
*In Alberta and Ontario, due to overwhelming demand for our programs, we have many more applicants than available seats. To ensure fairness, we use a computerized lottery system to randomly allocate available program seats to qualified applicants. This lottery system also supports a research study that NPower Canada is conducting to measure the long-term effectiveness of our programs. Applicants not admitted by the lottery system will be welcome to reapply in 24 months. Learn more about the research and lottery here.
In the Meantime
NPower Canada provides accepted applications with the opportunity to begin their NPower Canada journey prior to the start of training, providing a taste of Tech, Professional Development, and our staff through Meet and Greets. NPower Canada offers early exposure to training materials as a self-directed learning initiative in all areas of the program including:
- Tech: Access to and early start in Coursera or Cisco with provided milestones
- Self Management and Study Skills: Videos of best practices to prepare participants for training, followed by a discussion to build relationships with peers.
- Meet & Greets: Participants will have the opportunity to meet NPower Canada staff to have all questions answered.
Get to work
- We will help you land a full-time job using the skills and you’ve learned. Our team will help you with interview prep and connect you with employers to launch your tech career.
- You are a Canadian job seeker.
- You have a high school diploma or GED from a recognized Canadian or international educational institution.
- You have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- If you are a Work Permit holder, it must be valid for at least one year after the program start date and be eligible to work full-time in Canada.
- You are unemployed, under-employed, or facing financial challenges and barriers to employment.
- You have an individual income of less than 40k and your overall household income is less than 100k.
- You have advanced English or French* language skills, level 7 and above, including speaking, reading, writing, and understanding. (*French programs are currently only available in Quebec.)
- You demonstrate a strong motivation to work and to learn.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+Trans+ and gender diverse people, young adults with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).
Need more information?
- For general program enquiries, contact: [email protected]
- For information related to your application, contact: [email protected]
Ready to apply? Start Now!
“NPower Canada has helped me identify and enhance my strengths, as well as providing me with the essential skills and the industry-recognized knowledge to succeed in any workplace.”