A few of the most common questions we get asked about our programs from interested applicants and our alumni.
Frequently Asked Questions
No – you cannot apply. Participants from our programs are required to be able to legally work in Canada and must currently reside in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, or Nova Scotia. Due to the employment component of our programs, we require that work permit holders have a work permit that is valid for at least one year after the program start date. A document check is a part of our Admissions process, so your work permit or permanent residency card will be verified.
No – you cannot apply. Participants from our programs are required to be able to legally work in Canada. Due to the employment component of our programs, we require that work permit holders have a work permit that is valid for at least one year after the program start date. A document check is a part of our Admissions process, so your work permit or permanent residency card will be verified.
- Communication – Being open and honest with staff about needs.
- Earning access to employment opportunities by demonstrating workplace readiness and meeting the expectations outlined by staff and throughout the program.
- Taking ownership of learning to maximize program experience
- Our Junior IT Analyst Program is designed to introduce technical skills and concepts to participants without any prior technical experience.
- If you’re new to the world of tech, we recommend that you start with our Junior Information Technology Analyst program
- Resume Writing
- Interview Skills
- Personal Branding: LinkedIn
- Professional Business Communication
- Workplace Culture
- Working Remotely
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Goal Setting
- If you are in school full-time, congratulations! This is one pathway that can lead to gainful employment. We encourage you to stick with it and successfully complete your studies
- The College or University where you are enrolled will have career services and resources that you have access to. If you are looking for career support, we encourage you to make an appointment with your school’s career services department
- If you are struggling to secure gainful employment 6-months post-graduation, please reconnect with us
- NPower Canada’s program runs Monday – Friday from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm and we encourage participants to attend all live sessions.
- NPower Canada can work with individuals on a case-by-case basis to develop an accommodation plan. Accommodations can be extended to those who are experiencing childcare difficulties due to Covid-19 and daycare and school closures
- We ask that you discuss your childcare situation during your interview with NPower Canada staff. The team will note that you require accommodation due to childcare and will meet with you during Bootcamp to discuss your needs in detail
- Please note that our programs are three (3) months in length, and while accommodations can be provided, all assignments and certifications must be completed before the end of the training in order to graduate
- We highly recommend that you take on shifts that do not interfere with the program schedule to make the most of this learning experience.
- If this is not possible, we ask that you communicate this during your interview. Our team will explore accommodation options with you to the best of our ability.
Accommodation is the process by which suitable arrangements are made for participants with disabilities, childcare difficulties. Accommodations are determined based on the available information regarding your functional limitations and their impact on your academic work, as applied to the academic demands of this program, that is provided by:
- You, in dialogue with NPower Canada Staff
- Your healthcare practitioner
If you require accommodations:
- Please request a meeting with NPower Canada staff during the first week of the program
- You and NPower Canada Staff will discuss your learning needs and determine your accommodations based on your specific disability or childcare limitations, the documentation you provide, and the expectations of the Program.
- This process will result in an accommodation plan that you and NPower Canada staff will sign
- During the NPower Canada Program, your accommodations may need to be reviewed or revised depending on the demands of training and other factors. NPower Canada Staff will discuss your Accommodation Plan with you on an ongoing basis
Please note that for any of Program that is exam based you need to follow the accommodation and approval process listed by the following:
- Microsoft Azure – Junior Data Analyst Program
NPower Canada will support you with the accommodation request process and help you sign up to the portal and upload your medical documentation
- At this time, NPower Canada alumni are generally eligible for the Google Project Management program. You can learn more about these programs on our Alumni page.
- Alumni are not eligible for our Junior IT Analyst and Junior Data Analyst programs.
- If you are interested in expanding your learnings beyond our alumni program, you can get in touch with our Alumni Engagement team at [email protected]
- Classes are offered via the learning management system Blackboard. Participants are expected to log on Monday to Friday, for a minimum of four hours daily. You must be engaged with your camera and microphone. You will be provided a 30-minute lunch break during the class as well.
- Remember, even though classes are virtual, we expect attendance, professionalism and participation.
- Our program is a part-time skills development and employment program, which is unpaid for participants. However, the program services are cost-free to participants including five years of post-program support.
Thank you for your referral. Your client can submit an application form for the program of their interest under the Apply tab. Once this is complete and we determine that your client is qualified, we will request that they connect with you to submit a referral in the Purchase of Employment Services system. Referrals are required for our Junior IT Analyst and Junior Data Analyst programs.