Junior IT Analyst Program
Delivered in partnership with Google, our instructor-led program equips participants with marketable skills for tech-enabled jobs. Graduates of this program will receive the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. You don’t need any prior knowledge in IT to apply for this program, but basic computer skills (Internet, email) are mandatory. You’ll learn in-demand skills that will have you job-ready in only three months. The Junior IT Analyst Program is for you if you enjoy solving problems, learning new tools and helping others.
Thanks to Google's generous support, NPower Canada is excited to deliver a large range of Google Career Certificate programs at no cost. Current offerings include Google IT Support Certificate and Google Project Management Certificate. Over the next year, we will offer an additional Google Career Certificate in Data Analytics. Contact us to receive updates on when new programs will start.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Help Desk Specialist
- Project Analyst
- Junior Systems Administrator
- Customer Care Agent
- Service Technician
What you'll learn:
- Skills required to succeed in an entry-level IT job.
- IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless networking and installing programs
- How to provide end-to-end customer support ranging from identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging.
- Different operating systems like Linux and Open Lab.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
- This program is offered six times per year.
- This program is offered in English in all 5 available provinces, and in French to Québec residents.
- The next sessions will take place from
- June 12th to September 15th
- August 8th to November 10th
- The program duration is three months, from Monday to Friday. Daily sessions run for a minimum of four hours.
- This program is offered to residents of:
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- Ontario – Cambridge, Greater Toronto Area, Kingston, Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Waterloo, and Windsor
- Québec – Montréal, Laval, North Shore, South Shore, Montérégie, Gatineau, Sherbrooke and Québec City
- Please visit our application page to find out when the next available program is in your province.
- You are a Canadian job seeker.
- You have a high school diploma or GED from a recognized Canadian or international educational institution.
- You have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- If you are a Work Permit holder, it must be valid for at least one year after the program start date and be eligible to work full-time in Canada.
- You are unemployed, under-employed, or facing financial challenges and barriers to employment.
- You have an individual income of less than 40k and your overall household income is less than 100k.
- You have advanced English or French* language skills, level 7 and above, including speaking, reading, writing, and understanding. (*French programs are only currently available to Quebec residents.)
- You demonstrate a strong motivation to work and to learn.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+Trans+ and gender diverse people, young adults with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, or Québec.
*In Alberta and Ontario, due to overwhelming demand for our programs, we have many more applicants than available seats. To ensure fairness, we use a computerized lottery system to randomly allocate available program seats to qualified applicants. This lottery system also supports a research study that NPower Canada is conducting to measure the long-term effectiveness of our programs. Applicants not admitted by the lottery system will be welcome to reapply in 24 months. Learn more about the research and lottery here.
We're here to help! If for any reason you are not admitted into this program, we can connect you to other great
programs and resources, that can lead to an exciting career in IT.