NPower Canada collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. NPower Canada hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To provide programs and services in accordance with our mission;
- To keep staff and participants informed about NPower Canada’s programs, events and services;
- To provide official donation receipts to donors and/or to administer pre-authorized recurring donations; and
- For internal research purposes.
– NPower Canada assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Andrew Reddin as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws. Any privacy concerns may be addressed by emailing [email protected]
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the Web site or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information?
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under NPower Canada possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- NPower Canada may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but NPower Canada is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt-out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
– In most instances, NPower Canada will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify NPower Canada as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should NPower Canada deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, NPower Canada will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision. – NPower Canada may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- NPower Canada is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.