Junior Data Analyst Program
The Junior Data Analyst Program is tuition-free and is considered an intermediate program. Successful applicants must have prior knowledge in IT, technical and/or programming. Co-sponsored and developed in partnership with Microsoft, the Junior Data Analyst Program equips participants with a certificate in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals. You’ll be job-ready in less than six months. This program is for you if you enjoy complex, critical and technical analysis and, testing and validating data.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Junior Data Analyst
- Help Desk Specialist
- Junior Database Developer
- Business Analyst
- Project Analyst
- Junior Database Administrator`
What you'll learn:
Excel and SQL Fundamentals for Data Science
- Write progressively complex data queries; convert queries into scheduled jobs
- Interpret structure, relationships and meaning in source data
- Clean data by deduping, performing quality checks, backfilling and handling nulls
- Segment and analyze data; use case statements to execute conditional logic
- Test and validate data; perform AB test analysis
Python for Applied Data Science and AI
- Python fundamentals: conditions, branches, loops, functions, objects and classes
- Python data structures: lists and tuples, sets, dictionaries
- Utilizing pandas for data loading, manipulation and analysis; intro. to NumPy library
- Predictive modelling and data visualization (exposure to Matplotlib, Seaborn and Folium)
- Build data pipeline and machine learning regression models
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Exploration of cloud concepts, core Azure services and solutions, Azure workloads, Management tools, security and privacy in Azure.
- Concepts of networking, storage, compute, application support and application development
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
- This program is offered three times per year.
- The next session for each province runs from September 12 to December 23, 2022.
- British Columbia – Vancouver, Victoria, the Lower Mainland, Kelowna, and Kamloops.
- Ontario – Cambridge, Greater Toronto Area, Kingston, Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Waterloo, and Windsor.
- The program runs for 15 consecutive weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- You are a Canadian job seeker.
- You have a high school diploma or GED from a recognized Canadian or international educational institution.
- You have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- If you are a Work Permit holder, it must be valid for at least one year after the program start date and be eligible to work full-time in Canada.
- You are unemployed, under-employed, or facing financial challenges and barriers to employment.
- You have advanced English language skills, level 7 and above, including speaking, reading, writing, and understanding.
- You demonstrate a strong motivation to work and to learn.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+Trans+ and gender diverse people, young adults with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).
- This is an intermediate program. Successful participants must have prior knowledge in IT, technical and/or programming.
- You have demonstrated interest in or working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and, experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- You have a minimum of Grade 12 level statistics, calculus or advanced functions knowledge.
- You have taken courses, or have experience or working knowledge in R or Python Statistical Programming.
- You’ve either taken courses or have an understanding of machine learning. You like working with data and solving logic puzzles.
- You are a resident of British Columbia or Ontario.
*Eligible Ontario applicants may be asked to complete a voluntary consent form for an upcoming research study. Learn more here.
We're here to help! If for any reason you are not admitted into this program, we can connect you to other great
programs and resources, that can lead to an exciting career in IT.