Google Project Management Program
The Google Project Management Program provides NPower Canada alumni with continued upskilling for job placement, retention and career laddering in the information technology field. Completing this program qualifies alumni for over 100 hours of project management education, which can be put towards the Project Management Institute Certifications like the globally-recognized Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® in the future.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Assistant
- Project Associate
- Project Administrator
- Operations Manager
- Operations Associate
- Scrum Master
- Technical Project Manager
- Project Analyst
Courses in this program include:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting it all Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
What you'll learn:
- Gaining an immersive understanding of the practices and skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role.
- Learning how to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the various phases of a project.
- Practicing strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management through real-world scenarios.
- Learning the foundations of Agile project management, with a focus on implementing Scrum events, building Scrum artifacts, and understanding Scrum roles.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
- Participants will be asked to be available for 2-hour classes per week with a total weekly commitment of 15 hours to complete coursework and assignments.
- Both morning and evening classes are available. You will be asked to select a time that works best for you in the application form, however you may switch your class time if your availability changes.
- The Google Project Management Program is considered a beginners program.
- Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online through a combination of instructor-led workshops, group projects, and independent study. Candidates participate in an active-learning environment, contributing in labs, study groups, quizzes, and career coaching.
- NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- You must be a graduate of any NPower Canada program (graduates of the Google Associate Cloud Engineer program are eligible for this program).
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Nova Scotia, or Ontario.
- You have a strong motivation to work and learn.
- Graduates of NPower Canada’s Google Automation with Python Alumni Education Program are not eligible for this program.
- Fill in and submit the application form. The application form will be available once we announce our next cohort.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted and accepted to Orientation.
- Prior to Orientation, participants must complete the preparatory Course 1 on Coursera. This course provides the necessary foundational knowledge for Project Management. Details will be shared with eligible applicants.