Google Project Management Program
The Google Project Management Program provides NPower Canada alumni with continued upskilling for job placement, retention and career laddering in the information technology field. Completing this program qualifies alumni for over 100 hours of project management education, which can be put towards the Project Management Institute Certifications like the globally-recognized Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® in the future.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Project Coordinator
- Project Assistant
- Project Associate
- Project Administrator
- Operations Associate
- Scrum Master
- Project Analyst
Courses in this program include:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting it all Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
What you'll learn:
- Gaining an immersive understanding of the practices and skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role.
- Learning how to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the various phases of a project.
- Practicing strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management through real-world scenarios.
- Learning the foundations of Agile project management, with a focus on implementing Scrum events, building Scrum artifacts, and understanding Scrum roles.
- You must be a graduate of any NPower Canada core program.
- You are a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Nova Scotia, or Ontario.
- You have a strong motivation to work and learn.
- Graduates of NPower Canada’s Google Automation with Python Alumni Education Program are not eligible for this program.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
- Due to current health and safety measures, programs are taking place online through a combination of instructor-led workshops, group projects, and independent study. Candidates participate in an active-learning environment, contributing in labs, study groups, quizzes, and career coaching.
- NPower Canada will resume a blended teaching model: online classes supplemented by in-person classroom teaching, study groups and coaching, once health and safety measures are lifted.
- Alumni program applications are currently closed. We are in the process of revitalizing our alumni programming to ensure that we are aligned with industry needs. If you are an NPower Canada alum and want to be among the first to know when our alumni programming becomes available in 2023, please sign up for our email updates.
- Please note: the Admissions process for alumni programs is separate and different from our core programs.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+ Trans+ and gender diverse people, people with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).