JUNIOR SECURITY AND QA ANALYST PROGRAM
The Junior Security and Quality Assurance Analyst Program is tuition-free and is considered an intermediate program. Successful applicants must have prior knowledge in IT, technical and/or programming. This program equips participants with marketable skills for tech-enabled jobs. You’ll learn in-demand skills that will have you job-ready in less than six months for a career in information security (IS), quality assurance (QA) and IT support services. Participants will become CompTIA Security+ certified upon completing this program. This program is for you if you enjoy coding, programming and critical thinking.
Graduates of this program are qualified to work in high-demand jobs like:
- Junior QA Analyst
- Customer Care Agent
- Junior Application Tester
- Information Security Analyst
- Help Desk Technician
- Junior Software Tester
What you'll learn:
Information Security Foundations: Security+ Certification
- Learn fundamentals of cloud services, networking and device security.
- Gain applied knowledge of host-based analysis, threat analysis and computer forensics.
- Become familiar with cryptography and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Acquire incident response and handling skills; learn about compliance frameworks.
- Learn strategies for preventing, identifying and resolving a wide range of vulnerabilities, security evasion techniques and security monitoring operational challenges.
- Learn about security operations management, security principles and access controls.
Application Security, Testing and Quality Assurance
- Learning the three As of information security – authentication, authorization and accounting.
- Learn testing fundamentals, quality measures and the Seven Testing Principles.
- Gain applied knowledge of testing through the software lifecycle including software development models, test levels, test types and maintenance.
- Learn test design techniques: black-box, white-box and experience-based.
- Understand tool support for testing, including types of test tools and effective use.
Successful graduates will benefit from:
- Personal and professional development.
- Job placement services.
- Post-hire coaching and support.
- Access to corporate mentors and guest speakers.
- This program is offered three times per year.
- The next session runs from September 12 to December 23, 2022.
- This program is offered to residents of:
- Ontario – Cambridge, Greater Toronto Area, Kingston, Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Waterloo, and Windsor.
- The program runs for 15 consecutive weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- You are a Canadian job seeker.
- You have a high school diploma or GED from a recognized Canadian or international educational institution.
- You have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- If you are a Work Permit holder, it must be valid for at least one year after the program start date.
- You are unemployed, under-employed, or facing financial challenges and barriers to employment.
- You have advanced English language skills, level 7 and above, including speaking, reading, writing, and understanding.
- You demonstrate a strong motivation to work and to learn.
- NPower Canada encourages applicants from the following groups: women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ2S+Trans+ and gender diverse people, young adults with disabilities, and newcomers (immigrants and refugees).
- This is an intermediate program. Successful participants must have prior knowledge in IT, technical and/or programming.
- You have a demonstrated interest and practical experience in coding.
- You have an interest in quality assurance and, possibly some experience as a QA tester.
- You have built websites or have experience in back-end development.
- You have exposure to formal examinations and networking protocols.
- You have a computer science background and enjoy solving logic puzzles.
- You are a resident of Ontario.
We're here to help! If for any reason you are not admitted into this program, we can connect you to other great
programs and resources, that can lead to an exciting career in IT.